A Cornwall man is facing a list of charges.Russell County Ontario Provincial Police officers charged a 24-year-old man after uncovering nearly 5,000 one-gram packets of concentrated cannabis, several containers of cannabis resin and $4,000 cash in a traffic stop on Highway 417.
The stop happened near the Casselman exit on Tuesday, April 2, around 12:15 a.m.
An investigation showed the driver was breaching the Ontario Cannabis Act, which then prompted officers to search the vehicle.
The drugs seized had a total value of nearly $170,000.
Joey Markus Seguin, from Cornwall, was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of illicit cannabis CA 8(1)(b);
- Possession for the purpose of distributing CA 9(2);
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling CA 10(2);
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 – in Canada CC 354(1)(a);
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available CCA2017 12(1) and
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis (or equivalent) in a public place CA 8(1)(a)
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in L’Orignal on April 24.