Separate from impaired driving charges, the “over 80 mg” charge is a direct result of blowing over the legal limit of .08 blood-alcohol concentration (BAC).
Minimum penalties for first offence
- Driving ban for one year
- Minimum fine of $1000
- Mandatory participation in “Back on Track” program
- Installation of an Interlock Ignition alcohol screening system in your vehicle for one year, at your own cost
Minimum penalties for second offence
- Suspension of your driver’s licence for three years, if your new conviction is within 10 years of your previous one
- Minimum, mandatory jail time of 30 days
- “Back on Track” program participation for 11 months
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock system in your vehicle for three years, at your own cost
The Ministry of Transportation’s “Back on Track” counselling program costs $578. You will be required to attend classes and complete medical/psychological assessments throughout the course.
Fight your over 80 mg charge to keep your record clean
We at XPolice do not provide these services but are proud to refer you to trusted lawyers that have met the needs of many of our clients in the past. You should be informed that it is illegal for any paralegal to represent anyone for over 80 mg charges or similar driving charges without being under the direction of a lawyer.