City police are hoping witnesses to a motor vehicle collision will come forward to provide assistance in their investigation.
The collision took place Monday evening just before 7:30 p.m. at Bridge Street East and Pinnacle Street. There was more than $1,000 in damage and occupants of the vehicles were taken to Belleville General for treatment of minor injuries.
If anyone saw the collision take place they are asked to contact Const. Waite at 613-966-0882 ext. 4083.
In the 48 hours between the early morning hours of March 25 and the afternoon of Sunday, March 26 officers with the Napanee Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police towed 15 vehicles from Highway 401 and local roads including a vehicle traveling 160 kilometers an hour in a posted 80 kilometer an hour zone.
Distracted driving, speed and/or aggressive driving, driving while impaired either by drug or alcohol and not wearing your seatbelt are the leading causes of collision related fatalities on OPP patrolled highways.
During that 48-hour stretch, OPP report the following:
- 10 drivers were charged for stunt driving which is speed in excess of 50 km over the posted speed limit. The offence carries a fine of up to $10,000, immediate licence suspension for seven days and the vehicle is impounded for seven days.
- Four drivers were charged with driving while their license was suspended which is punishable by fine or incarceration.
- One driver was arrested for impaired operation of a motor vehicle at a RIDE Program.
- One driver was issued a three-day-suspension for driving in the warn range.
- One driver was arrested for being in possession of 20 grams of cocaine driving through a RIDE Program.
Source: The Belleville Intelligencer