Around 10:45 AM, an officer observed a motorcycle without a licence plate driving southbound on George Street, according to Peterborough Police Service.
The officer conducted a traffic stop and discovered the driver’s licence was under suspension, and he did not have insurance or a permit, police say.
Initially arrested for driving while under suspension, police found cocaine and drug paraphernalia (including a digital scale) in the man’s possession.
Shane Ernest Hunt, 39-years-old, from Waterford Road, Ennismore, was charged with:
- Trafficking a Schedule I substance (cocaine)
- Driving a motor vehicle with no plates
- Driving while under suspension
- Failure to apply for a permit on becoming owner
- Fail to surrender a permit for a motor vehicle
- Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
He was held in custody and was scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
Source: Global News